Monday, October 1, 2018

Trying and Being



" For us there is only the trying.The rest is not our business."
- T.S. Eliot

" vanity of vanities! All thing are vanity!
Vanity of human toil.
What profit it have we from all the toil
which we toil under the sun?"
 - Eccl 1:2-4

"What do you want? " St. Augustine said that all our desires are really a longing for God in disguise; where there is real desire , there is prayer. So, be at peace in your desire, you are already praying."
   - Sacred Space , Novena Day 2

-----
Trying and Being

Sometimes it takes a spark to light the fire.
Sometimes the lighting is sourced from the love fueled
by an encouraging voice who has more faith
in you than you have in yourself.
The battle between vanity, ego, pride and humility
rages on ever since the spirit was illuminated
by the difference. Fantasies of grandiosity attempt
to drown any considerations of raw reality or neurotic insecurity.
Coaches shout “Shoot the god dammed ball!
You don’t score points if you don’t shoot and we don’t
win the game if we don’t get any points!”
Your inner voice asks “Is all this about playing and winning a game 
by accumulating points? 
What if one just wanted to play - you know no points, no rewards - 
just being ?”
Sometimes simplicity of letting go completely…
is the success… 
the authenticity of truth, just trying and trust.

- JF Sobecki

-----


Slow Turning - J. Hiatt

https://youtu.be/2L22C5IJTfE


Roll with it Baby - S. Winwood
https://youtu.be/u_vkKozA8OI

Its all up to what you value - G. Harrison
 
https://youtu.be/JtzPtDxy1ic
















“A tree gives glory to God
 by being a tree. For in
 being what God means it 
to be it is obeying [God]. 
It “consents,” so to speak, 
to [God’s] creative love. 
It is expressing an idea 
which is in God and 
which is not distinct from
 the essence of God,
 and therefore a tree imitates 
God by being a tree.”
   –Thomas Merton


My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think I am following your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you
does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always though
I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. 
- T. Merton


amdg



“One day I will find the right words and they will be simple”
        - Jack Kerouac

“The only truth is music”
       - Jack Kerouac

















Copyright 2018 JF Sobecki All Rights Reserved







No comments:

Post a Comment